Internship Openings at
Pacific Biodiversity Institute
We have regular openings for internships at Pacific Biodiversity Institute. Currently we are accepting applications for internships that have the following emphases:
- Wildlife and fish biology. We periodically have internship projects that focus on wildlife and fish biology, conservation and research.
- Botany, ecology and forestry. We periodically have internship projects that focus on botany, ecology and forestry. You will be engaged in projects that require knowledge and interest in plant identification, botany and plant ecology.
- Conservation communications: including writing of newsletters, web site design, writing press releases, contact and communication with reporters and media outlets.
- Conservation planning, conservation priorities.
- Development of our conservation science library. We are looking for an intern with an interest and hopefully experience in organization of books and periodicals.
- Landscape analysis, remote sensing, conservation GIS.
- Outreach, non-profit development, and fundraising.
- Biodiversity Expedition organization, leadership, planning. We are looking for an intern who will take significant responsibility for this program.
Detailed descriptions of current internships are listed below:
- Conservation Biology internship (This internship has been filled for Summer 2016)
Our internship start and end dates are flexible. They depend on your preferences, our project schedules and other commitments. Internships normally run at least 3 months. Please specify your preferred dates in your internship application.
For more information about internship opportunities please click on the application link below, fill out the internship application, and submit it to us. Tell us about your interests, education, goals and talents. Make sure to include an internship application form.
Four steps to applying for an internship
- Open an application form, linked below.
- Fill out the form either digitally or in hard copy.
- Submit the completed form to PBI via e-mail or regular mail at the address listed on the form.
- Make sure to include a letter of interest, resume, personal references, and college transcripts (a digital version or copy is fine).
Copyright © Pacific Biodiversity Institute
PO Box 298, 517 Lufkin Lane
Winthrop, WA 98862 509-996-2490