Science to Support Conservation
Our mission is to combine innovative scientific research, education, and technical support to inform, enhance and inspire conservation. Our goal is a rich and enduring biological heritage.
We believe that knowledge changes the game. Our conservation science research fills important knowledge gaps. This has made a significant difference in the protection and management of forests, rivers, deserts, wetlands, and imperiled wildlife species.
We accomplish our mission through:
- Conservation Partnerships
- Assessment of Conservation Opportunities
- Conservation Science Education (including public talks, internet resources and conservation science internships).
- Field Studies and Landscape Analysis
- Sharing our expertise in ecology, botany, wildlife biology, and spatial analysis (GIS) of complex biological, ecological and social phenomenon.
October, 2015--Pacific Biodiversity Institute has published a four-point plan addressing the impact of anthropogenic climate change and ocean acidification on biodiversity. We are increasingly compelled to increase our outreach and advocacy on this issue, along with our research on the effects of the primary stressors of climate change and ocean acidification on specific species and ecosystems that are adversely affected. You can read the full plan here.
See other recent news, here.
Copyright © Pacific Biodiversity Institute
PO Box 298, 517 Lufkin Lane
Winthrop, WA 98862 509-996-2490